Friday, September 10, 2010

Reading

The Stars Have Aligned.

Could that be the only possible explanation for the fact that I am reading a book?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to read.
At this point in my life, however, pleasure reading takes a back seat to, well, EVERYTHING!
Or, almost everything :)

I am reading

Mockingjay
by
Suzanne Collins.

I am nearly finished and I am really enjoying it.
Fortunate, since it's one I feel I have to read.

Let me explain:
Kids have a mind of their own. I know you know that. Most at our house are avid readers. They bring books home from where ever and when ever they can. Most of the time that is ok. As a matter of fact, I have not had to ban any that they have brought home.
But how would I happen to know that?
I either read to them, with them, or before them.
I have checked book reviews online and sought out the opinions of friends.
But, most often, if I have never heard of it, I read it myself at the same time they are.


They know I know what they know, sort of. :)
We discuss characters and plots and what-ifs.
It gives us more in common.

And, most of the time, it's fun.

2 comments:

larainydays said...

I need to read this series too. I started Hunger Games and got distracted. Both my youngest have read them all and so I must follow your example. Sigh

Velika said...

Hey Jen! I love reading your blog and keeping tabs on you guys. I've missed having you and your family in the ward. I just started a blog of my own, but it's private. Shoot me an email and I'll send you an invite.
vr(mylastname)atcoxdotnet
get it? remember 2 r's and 2 l's (sorry, I didn't want to just leave my email for anyone!)