Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's time.

Time to check in.

This month I have been gardening.
We are growing green-beans, cilantro, basil, lemon-thyme, oregano, pineapple-sage, chives, peppers, squash, carrots, beets, radishes, strawberries, asparagus, artichokes, onions, eggplant,10+ types of tomatoes, cucumbers, and tomatillos.
The harvest has just begun, and I can hardly wait.
There is nothing better for me than picking dinner out of the backyard!



This month, I have been reading.
Mom loaned me her These is My Words series by Nancy E. Turner and I love them.
I just cried myself through the end of the 2nd book and can't wait to start #3 tonight!



This month, I have been worried about beds.
We have them, all we need.
We have even had extras to share while having 7 friends from afar come to spend a few wonderful days from North Carolina.
(I don't have 7 extra beds, we "all shove over" and make room)

But the reality is that some people don't have beds...
or cars...
or food...
or medical care...
or an education...
and they live close by, not in another country,
and it hurts my heart.

I think that is why sharing was invented.
Sharing a harvest from The Lord,
sharing a book from Mom,
sharing a bed when you have an extra.

Thank-you for sharing!

No comments: