Friday, November 12, 2010

Veteran's Day

There is not much I enjoy more than a day off from the regular schedule!
I like a schedule to get things done,
but
with a day off, we relax and enjoy each other.

2 left bright and early to help with an Eagle project in the mountains.


The rest of us joined a wonderful early morning flag ceremony and breakfast.



At 1o:50, we were seated on Center watching the historic plane with a prop fly over the parade route.

We sat with Granny , an aunt, cousins, sisters and brothers, nieces and nephews... just like in the olden days.
My olden days.

For as long as I can remember, we have met in "our spot" for parades.
Muttie, my mom's mom, always brought a big bag of home popped popcorn.
Now, my mom does.

We cheered for the police officers who rode by...
we always have.
We stood for the first flag.
We called thank-you's to the Veterans.
We stood again and cried when too many pictures of young faces were borne past in waves.
And, of course,
we cheered for our favorite and tallest bass drum player!
He even grinned!


Granny treated us all to frozen yogurt cones.
We spent the afternoon visiting and letting all the children and dogs run in the yard...

Enjoying our free country...

THANK-YOU VETERANS!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

This post made me cry!!! Thanks for the trip back in time. I sure miss those days. Weren't they wonderful?