Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Amazing! This is Jen and I actually learned how to post on my blog before the year ended...barely! We have had a wonderful holiday season. While I got the house lights up at a respectable time, near Thanksgiving, I didn't get the tree up until December 18th. Not at all respectable. I realize now that even real trees must be up and decorated before the school concert season, or there just is not time. The problem I ran into is a 2 year old who loves to explore and examine EVERYTHING! I think I must be a real wimp, because I didn't hear anyone else having the same problem... I ended up putting it all away on the 29th. It just makes life easier. Besides, I have all my helpers home to ,well, help:)
I have to tell you all how much I love our new family pictures. They were super long overdue, and Jana did an amazing job! You can all find her at forgetmenotbyjana.com. WOW! I just sat and cried as I looked at them the first time. Ron found a site online that puts photos on canvas and made one 18"x40" for above our fireplace. It is amazing.
December is major birthday season for us. Troy turned 2 on the 13th. We ate at Mc D's and let him play in the thing for the first time ever. I know, I think it's gross, too, but we bathed him in hand sanitizer afterwards. Ron turned 41 on the 22nd. Karli is so disappointed that her parents are getting sooooo old. We all went to Chuck E Cheese to play games. You are right. We are easily entertained and don't get out much. Ron loves angelfood cake, so his candles couldn't be bunched up in the middle. Only my cake set off the smoke detector this year. Luke's birthday came on the 27th. He turned 8, so he got to be baptized on that day, too. By then we were all caked out, so he was fine to not have one. We played all day, saw all the grandparents, and had fun.
The highlight of the season for me is hearing from so many loved ones who are far and near. Thank you for the cards, notes, photos. Karli has written one for me to send, so that is next on my list... oh, after a phone call I almost forgot. Have a very happy new year!

5 comments:

EmJoy said...

Way to go Jen! I finally added you guys to my links on my blog so I don't have to got to Kaylani's to get to yours. Your pictures are awesome. I love you!

Tiffany Matthews said...

I am so excited for you that you learned how to blog. The YW's blog is the same so have fun posting. Tip for next years tree. We have found with Ryan if we get rid of those stupid metal hooks that get caught in everything and replace them with ribbon and actually tie the ornaments on with the ribbon they can't get them off.

Kaylani said...

Great job figuring it all out. You know this means now you have to do it regularly...no excuses. I can't wait, because you know, you're SO funny!

Kristin Coppee said...

Oooh, what website puts photos on canvas? I'd like to know.

Your family photos are great, by the way. I was checking out Jana's site and saw them. I didn't realize you had a blog too. I linked on from Jenn's.

Jana said...

Congrats on your new blogging skills! I'm so glad you love your pictures...they were so much fun to take! I don't get to families with older kids often and it was awesome!! You guys are just so cute...
Sounds like you had a good Christmas and birthday season!